I recently upgraded my ESXi boxes from ESXi 5.1 to 5.5, and while I had no issues when installing ESXi 5.1 originally, I did happen to run into a few hiccups with 5.5. The issues were mainly on my Dell CS24-SC servers, but I had no issues with my PowerEdge 1950 GII or 2950 GII servers. Continue reading
PC2-5300u = non-ECC, unbuffered
PC2-5300e = ECC Continue reading
Reset iLO password on HP ProLiant server or Alert! iLO security override switch is set. Security enforcement is disabled.
It concerns HP DL320s
1) Shutdown Server
2) Locate System maintenance switch on the system board. ( there are 8, S1 to s8)
3) S1 is for iLO. By default its is OFF which implies “iLO 2 security is enabled”
4) Switch it to ON > “iLO 2 security is disabled”
5) restart Server.
6) acknowledge override message.
7) Shut down server.
8) Switch S1 back to default OFF.
Restart server, this time… U should be able to get into iLO using F8.