Being given the task of replacing a failed Nexus 5596UP (no console output, powers up with fans but no lights except amber on the mgmt. module at the back), I quickly ran into some annoying problems trying to configure the FEX uplinks before actually racking it and plugging it in. I wanted to get as much config done beforehand as possible to minimize any interruptions – I was also a bit nervous as this unit was in the VPC primary role before it failed.
This is BTW the LED table:
vPC Auto-Recovery Feature in Nexus 7000.
DMVPN is combination of 4 things:
- Multipoint GRE.
- Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP).
- Crypto IPsec.
- Routing that running over the network.
This chapter includes system messages for the Cisco NX-OS Nexus 3000 family of switches. The messages are listed in alphabetical order by the system facility that produces them. Within each system facility section, messages are listed alphabetically by severity and mnemonics. Each error message is followed by an explanation and a recommended action.
Overview of attacks & countermeasures
- IP spoofing – IP source guards, PACL
- STP Spoofing – BPDU guard, Root guards
- MAC Spoofing – Port Security , Static CAM table entries
- DHCP Server Spoofing – DHCP Snooping
- ARP Spoofing – ARP inspection (ASA + IPS )
- VLAN Hopping – Disable auto DTP *
- CAM Floods – Port Security , 802.1x
- DHCP Starvation – DHCP Rate limiting
Have you ever wondered what commands were actually in a “show tech” on the Nexus 5000? Well, I did. There seems to be a lot of info in there, and there really is. I compiled a list of commands that a show tech runs on a Nexus 5000 and have listed them below. Enjoy!